Ahhh, our favorite season is nearly upon us. Schools are wrapping up their lessons. Final exams are being conducted. Vacations are within reach. It is that sweet time of year when things seem to slow down a bit and we can all breathe in a humid sigh of relief. We are in PA, after all…
All of us at AAdvantage want you to be able to enjoy your summer to the fullest. Rather than spending any of your precious time dealing with the aftermath of a grill session gone horribly wrong, a vacation ruined by an auto accident, or, God forbid, a pool party ending in disaster, let’s just do a quick review of some safety tips that will hopefully keep everyone happy and healthy this summer season.
- Been awhile since you used your grill? Make sure it is cleaned properly before you fire it up this summer.
- Make sure your lid is open when you ignite the grill.
- Keep the grill a safe distance away from your home, patio furniture, or anything that can catch on fire.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
Swimming Pool Safety
- Make sure you to have a fence with a locking gate installed around your pool. This is usually a requirement of most townships.
- Never leave children unattended near or in the pool. Did you know that about 1 in 5 people who drown every year are under the age of 14? This is a very scary and serious statistic and one that we want to keep you far away from.
- Establish pool rules for family members and guests. Ensure they are aware of the rules before anyone is allowed to swim.
- If you hear thunder or see lightning, everyone gets out of the pool. No exceptions. Don’t be afraid to be the bad guy here.
- Don’t leave valuables visible in your car while you are traveling, or anytime, for that matter. It encourages break-ins and could easily ruin your vacation.
- Before going on a road trip, check your tire pressure. Fill your gas tank. Make sure you don’t need an oil change. No one wants to spend their vacation stuck on the side of a highway.
- If renting a car, when in doubt, get the optional rental car insurance. Stay tuned for another blog post coming on this very subject soon!
Stay safe this summer, folks. We all wish you the best as you head into the lazy days and months to come.
As always, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 717-755-2335 if you have any questions on this, or any other, blog topic. We’re always happy to hear from you!